1/22/16

HEARTY FRITTATA

Staying on track isn't any easy feat. especially if procrastination is somehow present in you 
(or me, at the very least). When it comes to food, I tend to cave in no matter how disciplined I've trained my mind to be. Hummus and cheese are my ultimate weakness. In fact, I'm actually craving for some good ole hummus right now. I make a conscious effort to maintain a plant-based diet as much as possible for both health and ethical reasons. And I know it may sound rather self-contradicting with the aforesaid - cheeses. In all honesty, I must admit that it isn't a smooth sail for me to be fully plant-based especially with a family that eats eggs. Nevertheless, I have recently eliminated cheese from my diet. How is it possible? It's all about seeking the next best alternatives when it comes to food choices. If i'm are aware about the particular source of food as well as the way my body responds to it, it's always wise to react accordingly. 

Oh yes, cheese. I was talking about that little devil. I chanced upon vegan food vlogger, Kalel on Youtube and had since been inspired by her diet routine. As much as I could remember, nut cheeses are common staples to vegan cheese lovers. All I did was to blend soaked cashews, water, nutritional yeast, some salt & pepper in a high speed blender. Cashew nuts just provide that smooth and creaminess that dairy cheeses have. Ann and I put together a What I Eat in A Day video and her Frittata was da bomb! I know there's egg in it so it's not entirely plant-based, though. But it really is a hearty make-ahead meal that keeps you from reaching out to those junk food. The entire video will be on our Youtube channel soon, so stay tuned! 







No comments:

Post a Comment