7/13/15

A LITTLE SOMETHING




















I'd say school breaks are always the most coveted in my life as a student. Those one-month-long holidays during primary and secondary (or junior and high) school suddenly seem inferior and insignificant when one advances to the tertiary level (mainly university and polytechnics in Singapore). On the contrary, I only got the privilege to enjoy the summer holidays during my very first year in Uni. Well, my sophomore year was spent at a photography and film company for internship. I can't complain much because it's a rather significant point in my learning curve. Now that my days as an art student is punctuated by my final dissertation paper, I've decided to take a break from the rat-race. Because life's too short. Actually no, it's not a legit break because i'm still furthering my music studies at the moment.

Oh right, with the bleary-eyed Rose smashing through the keyboard at 12.55 am after a long day, I've suddenly remembered my intent of this post! I l-o-v-e vintage cameras but never really had my hands on them just because most of dad's antique film cameras work on medium format films and they can be rather costly to purchase and develop.



Olympus Vintage Camera

The Olympus-EE above belonged to my late grandpa. It has given in to wear-and-tear and is way beyond repair. Some people might aim for the thrash but this really hold sentimental value to me. On top of that, isn't it aesthetically pleasing as a prop for a flatlay too!



Clarks Black Sandals 

I've always been bugged by my bunions and flat foot since young. For those who don't already know what bunions are, they are actually deformed bone that juts out of your biggest toe. I'd say the protruding bone can be rather annoying; some tighter fit shoes are totally out of the question for me. Above all, pain would come knocking on your door if you were to wear shoes with a narrower fit. Alas, these Clarks are super comfy and roomy for my dainty (not) feet. I've noticed how this comfort shoe maker has catch up with the fashion trend yet not forsaking the comfort factor.



Zara Pokka Dot Scarf

My mom has a soft spot for scarves and she has a huge collection of them in her room (although she'd most likely disagree). This one above is from Zara and with the thickness of the material, this should be used in the winter. I love the how the mustard yellow complements the navy blue but really, it's a little cumbersome to chuck it in my bag!



Malt Cupcakes 

Having a family member who bakes is always a blessing but a sister who takes the extra effort to make any sweet treats less guilty is a privilege! It's no secret that Ann's bake goods always turn out perfect. It's something I can't achieve but it's okay because, some people are simply born to eat! These are malt-flavored cupcakes with wholewheat pastry flour. It's kind of similar yet different from the regular wholewheat flour because you'd get the fluffiness of the regular white flour BUT with the fiber from the wholewheat.



It's 1.19 am now and I don't think I can string a proper sentence by now. I'm going to snoozeville soon and yes, don't forget to follow us on Instagram and Youtube!



xxRose

No comments:

Post a Comment