8/24/15

TIMELESS ADVENTURE

Keeping up with time has always been somewhat daunting for me. It still remains as a miracle to me how I was able to deal with school assignments and their ridiculous deadlines. A good friend once lamented indignantly in the midst of a hectic school week: "one has to worry about getting good grades in school for a span of at least 10-15 years; worry about landing a good job, which then entails other worries such as getting a promotion, pay cut or retrenchment. And the worries never end..." That is not to say working from dawn to dusk is irksome, but life has more in store to offer. Ask any random stranger during the peak hours at the Central Business District what is life and you'll probably be passed off as a loony. Perhaps it's my late grandpa whose abrupt passing has impacted me so significantly. A filial son, loving husband, and a super great father and grandpa, he worked all his life. He didn't have the luxury of time to know what retirement is, or how is it like being free of worries. Lest I'd write a biography-like post of my grandpa, which I did in a really old blog (now defunct), I hope want to focus on the moment of now. The past is powerless, the future remains a mystery, and now is what I want to live in.


These photos were taken a couple of weeks back (I think it was on the 8th of August). Located in a more secluded area of Singapore, Colbar cafe seats humbly in the corner of Wissex road. Dad had to rely heavily on the GPS because we are all East-siders, haha. They serve really authentic and homely food - both western and asian food.


























xx Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment